What I Read - "Big Little Lies"

*WARNING* SPOILERS AHEAD

So book #3 is in the... books?

For the first 2, go here & here.

So I have definitely gotten back to my love for reading! I am not sure how I got so far away from it to be honest with you. It may have something to do with losing my motivation and feeling lost lately.

But I already shared that post - hope someone out there can relate.

Anywho, to the actual book... the reason you came here right?


So if you have been living under a rock, you might have missed the show based on this book.

The book was nothing short of amazing! I truly enjoyed reading it and it did not matter that I knew the ending already.

The book was based in Australia vs. the show based in CA. This threw me a bit because I assumed it was just like the show. But not a bad change.

The way the author, Liane Moriarty, developed the characters so well made me understand and love them so much more than the show.

The book built up just enough, but resolved in a quick enough time frame to not become stale.

The death is the main point of the entire plot and you learn everyone's backstory through it.

My favorite character by far in the book is Madeline, but in the show it was Bonnie.

Bonnie is a bit too crunchy-granola-yoga-loving-peace chick in the books for my taste. In the show, she was a strong, independent and caring creature.

Madeline is a trip and a half and so neurotic in the book that you can't help but love her in my opinion. In the show she just is kind of whiny and horrible with her cheating nonsense.

All of that to say, it was a good, quick read and finding out who killed Perry and why was so well done in the book!

This would be a good by the pool or at the beach kind of read.

If you read it and have any opinions I would love to hear them!

-Meesh


Comments

Popular Posts