What I read - "Before I Fall"

WARNING: SPOILERS AHEAD

In a recent post I talked about trying to get back to the things that make me - me. One of the things I mentioned was reading.

For as long as I can remember I have been able to get lost in a book. I will read just about anything I can get my hands on.

Reading is just my thing.

So when I realized it had been awhile since I just read a book for the hell of it - not a book that is a part of a series, just a book that was a fun and quick read - I picked up the first one in the house that we recently bought.

That book was "Before I fall" by Lauren Oliver. If you aren't familiar with this book, the movie recently came out which is what caught my attention. I love to read a book before watching the movie.


I am the kind of person that feels a movie would spoil the book vs. a book spoiling the movie. I also do not care if someone "ruins" the end of a movie or book for me. I will forget about it before I get there and there is still an entire story to see/read leading up to that moment.

So "Before I fall" was a quick read - I finished it in a day. The first about 80 pages were boring as hell I won't lie. The first 3 chapters felt like they were written in a girls' diary, but once you get past that part it really took off, 

It was the kind of book I love - it mixed sci fi with faith with a whole lot of 'what ifs." 

Each time Sam gets the opportunity to relive her life, she is faced with making decisions and realizing her actions have reactions that will impact all of those around her.

I truly loved reading this book, initially the movie looked really stupid and boring. However, after reading the book I get the point and want to see the movie now.

The first book I picked to take care of me was a hit. 

Can't wait to share the next one with you - it is a twist on an old fairytale.

-Meesh 

Comments

Popular Posts