Dream Craft Room Update - Cheap desk makeover


A while ago I shared that I had big plans for my new craft room and I had just the desk to do it with.

The husband bought this desk well over a decade ago when we graduated from college and he got his own apartment. 

This is the same desk that resulted in our first big fight when we bought our townhouse.

This desk has followed us on 3 moves and was well worth the money we spent on it, which I believe was something like $20.

So when we bought new furniture last year for the house, the husband got a nice new desk and I gladly inherited the old one.

I once again turned to my trusty chalk paint and went a bit more bold than my last DIY chalk project.

I chose a dark blue which was the complete opposite of what I thought I would do for my craft room - just goes to show you should never close your mind to new or different ideas.

So here is the desk sitting sadly in our basement until I finally had the time to start painting it.

As you can see it was a red colored desk that had seen better days.

This time around I used a different kind of chalk paint, Americana Decor and loved it compared to the first brand I used. 

So this was the first layer of chalk paint. 

I then took a picture without the flash and it looked much darker. 

This was probably the truest picture in regards to the color as I was painting on the many layers.

I used the entire container of the paint and then used a semi gloss polyurethane to seal it so I don't have to worry about babying it as I would with wax. And I also just do not care for the wax look. 

And here is what it looks like in my craft room now.


As you can see, it ended up as a multi purpose item haha

It houses my silhouette and make up, since I don't have a vanity table yet. 


For the longest time I didn't take care of this area and my craft room just kept getting put on the back burner. 

Finally a few weeks ago, I just went in and organized the crap out of the room.


It is not another functional space for me and eventually I will share the entire room. 

It is done for now, all that is left is to paint, get a new chair, a new light fixture and hang up decor

I know it ended up different than my original idea for my craft room, but I still am happy with it for today! 

Have a fabulous week!

-Meesh 














Comments

Popular Posts