Winter Blues

I am not sure how this works for anyone else out there, but winter kicks my ass.

I unfortunately live in NYS and it is cold, snowy, gray, dark and shitty about 6 months out of the year weather wise.

I am not one of those people who enjoys skiing or snowboarding etc.

I enjoy the pool, beaches, sunshine and warmth.

So yeah, winters are hard for me.

Last year when I shared about my weight loss journey I had started, I thought I was on the fast road to success... Well I was wrong.

I forgot to factor in how I would get past my winter blues that I get every single damn year.

All the way through September I was doing good! I worked out anywhere from 3-6 days a week and was still seeing progress.

Then October hit and I just shut down. I then proceeded to stay shut down through November. For whatever reason December got me back up and going again. January hit and I was back to being a hermit and have stayed one since then.

I have gained back 5 of those pounds I was so excited to have lost. I started this whole thing at 165, got down to 150 and am back to 155.

I am not mad or giving up forever, but rather annoyed I didn't think about this. I know what makes it difficult for me in the winter time - the lack of sunlight. It is dark by 5:30 and I do not get out of work until 6:30pm. The last thing I want to do at 7pm at night is go down in to my cold, dark (non scary) basement to work out for 45 minutes to an hour.

To be honest I am not sure how to get past it for next year. I have given up on fixing it for now because I am just in the slump and there is no plan to try and remedy it now.

I know once March rolls around, I will get back that energy because that is what always happens.

It would be great to hear what other people do to stay out of the winter blue funk or how y'all stay motivated through the winter months. Perhaps with your help I could be better prepared for next year?

Hoping your winter is not nearly as blue as mine appears to be haha

-Meesh

Comments

Popular Posts