Frustrated with no purpose

I feel that I have writer's block, but I also feel like I may not have the right to say that.

I am not sure if I am considered a writer or not but I do know I have continued to feel just out of reach of my possible potential.

I know rule #1 of writing is write about what you know.

Well when I think about it I know a little about a whole lot.

I know about family, cooking, crafting, DIYing, dreaming, wishing, being a counselor, criminal justice, chemical dependency, being a friend, a wife, a sister, a dog mom.

But not one of these am I an expert at.

There is a part of me that has yearned for more in the last few years which is ironically how this blog actually started.

I have ideas and plans and a desire for a very different kind of life (career wise) for myself but fail to deliver.

I have tried my hand at owning a handmade business and for a number of reasons it hasn't worked out - I haven't tried hard enough? I don't want it enough? It is not my actual calling? And so on and so forth.

However I have opted to try my hand at freelance writing - I have no idea if I have a right to do this or am just setting myself up for failure but you know what? I don't give a shit either way. I cannot imagine myself sitting at a desk doing what I do now in 20 years, for no reason other than I will stagnant and will not feel that I am doing anything worthwhile.

Therefore I want a backup plan so to speak. When I think about what I enjoy reading the most it is articles and posts that help me to recognize I am not alone and the things I think make me crazy or weird are not actually that unique after all.

In other words when other people experience the same chaos that I do. It is a good feeling to realize you are not alone. I look forward to this next step in my journey and hope that I have good news to report in a few months that I have at least managed to write something worthwhile haha.

So here is what I am asking of all of you - if you have any tips, pointers, hints, suggestions, corrections etc I would greatly appreciate them! Wish me luck friends.

-Meesh


Comments

Popular Posts