The Dining Room

So if you recall it has been a year of updating our new house.

Some of the other posts have been about our floors, painting, moving, decorating my craft room with many more to come I am sure.

One of the rooms I was ridiculously excited about was our dining room.

I have wanted a pretty dining room set with a matching hutch to entertain in.

As you know from this post food is what I am all about so it only makes sense that one of my favorite rooms in our house is where we eat.

When we moved in to the house this is what our dining room looked like.

The curtains came with the house and eventually we took them down, but since it is the front of our house we didn't want the windows to be bare. 

Therefore those lovely floral curtains stayed up until we had an alternative.

This was round one of decorating this room. 

Round 2 of decorating the dining room with updated curtains.

It was amazing the curtains made a major change in the entire room.

Eventually we ripped up the floors and laid our new hardwoods.

We also replaced the cheesy gold chandelier with a newer mini version of the one in our entry way.

And lastly we bought new furniture from the Raymour and Flanigan Outlet Center.

The curtains had to come down because the china cabinet + curtains made the wall way too busy.

So we took them down and put up these blinds we got online .

So the final result is this...







I love this room now and enjoy having a place to gather with friends and family.

We have put this room to use multiple times since we got the furniture in February and I am so happy we opted to get this set.

We were able to get a darker set since our floors are the gray color which all of our furniture tends to be darker.

Curtains: Target
Wall art: Pier 1
Cake stand: Target
Chandelier: Amazon 
Blinds: Online company the husband found

So what do you think? 

Too boring still?

I feel like I need to add something to the wall by the doorway to the kitchen but not sure yet if I want to make something or buy something... any thoughts?

Otherwise I am happy with it thus far!

Have a fabulous week as always friends.

-Meesh 

Comments

Popular Posts