30 for my 30th

DISCLAIMER: This was supposed to be posted June 2015 but obviously that did not happen so instead you get to enjoy it on my 31st bday haha.

2 years ago if you recall I did a 29 for my 29th but to do things a bit differently this time around, this list is 30 things I have learned, favorite memories and things I am grateful for.

Now I am not trying to pretend 30 is something so huge and crazy but rather I want to appreciate and celebrate the beautiful life The Good Lord has blessed me with!!

1.  I am so beyond grateful I grew up with a close family and remain close to my siblings today.

2.  My baby sister best friend Poo is probably one of, if not the closest person to me in this world.

3.  I have learned we are and can be our own worst enemies, look up #19 on last years list and ask me how far I have gone with that...

4.  I have learned family is everything to me and always will be.

5.  One of my favorite memories is our wedding not only for the obvious reasons but it also served as a mini family vacation with my parents and Poo and it was perfect!

6.  Another favorite memory is the first snowfall we experienced when we moved to NYS, my father drove us to the Adirondacks which are only 30+/- minutes from our house in the North Country and we go to see what snow as like.  It was a moment of only us 4 and we just loved it.   

7.  I am so happy to say I have made progress on getting my CASAC and license at this point, see #5 from last years list.

8.  Even though I didn't change much from #19 last year and actually lost the domain, I have started something new and exciting with 3 of my friends!!  Disclaimer that has since not panned out either lol but damn it I haven't entirely given up hope? 

9.  I have learned our paths are not always what God intended and sometimes we have to go His way and while it is hard, it is also ok.

10.  I have learned patience is a virtue I am afraid I will be working on until the day I die probably, but it is okay because we remain a work in progress always right?

11.  Most of my memories center around my family/the husband haha so this one won't be any different, our 1st trip to Disney World.  It was my first time on a plane, my first vacation with the husband and my first time going to Disney World.  It truly was a magical time and I still remember it vividly.

12.  Another amazing memory for me is the first time we tried to enter Canada after moving to NY now mind you this was in 2000/2001.  We go to the border and we were "detained" for lack of a better word due to my father's identification not being current.  This is a story we still giggle about till this day!

13.  I have accomplished my goal of losing weight in a healthy manor and have managed to shed about 15 pounds since December 2014! 

14.  There have been so many changes to our lives since last year that came about unexpected, all of them good BTW and where I normally would freak out and worry so much about the future and unknowns I am finally learning to lean on Him and just let things be #gratitude

15.  I am learning to control my temper and anger every day and while there are still some days I lose, there are more days where I don't!

16.  On the husband's 30th Bday last this year, I opted to wreck my car on my way home from work (I am fine and walked away 99.9% unscathed!) - not exactly a favorite memory but felt like it belonged here and grateful I am ok!!

17.  #16 follows up my 21st birthday when I got in to my first accident (no I was not drunk) and got rear ended resulting in my rear ending another car... yeah I like to celebrate milestone BDays with a bang!

18.  I have learned that sometimes we do the right thing hoping to be a good person but it can bite-cha in the ass... it sucks but that is life sometimes.

19.  I am learning to stick up for myself and this is hard and scary for me!  I am a confident person 99.9% of the time, but hate to say no or not be helpful and I am learning it is okay. This was recently put in to practice once again much to my dismay.

20.  I learned curveballs in life are always going to be there and the sooner we learn to roll with it the better of we will be.

21.  I am forever grateful for my hardworking and persistent husband who without we wouldn't have everything we do.  He's a smart one that guy.

22.  I am so beyond grateful for my amazing family!!  A father who tirelessly helps and does things for us, a mother who supports and listens and tells it like it is, a sister who is my best friend, a brother who even if we don't see him often or even talk that often it is always like "old times", an amazing sister in law who melted right in to the family and gave me 3 adorable nieces and 1 crazy nephew!!  2 sister in laws who are crazy and welcomed me in with open arms, a mother in law who is beyond awesome and amazing and I could not love more if I tried and a father in law who always helps us out and does what he can to be there for us and step mother in law who is just pretty cool!

23.  I am grateful every day for my health, well being, sanity, home, family, mind, faculties, pets, job, food on the table and overall the life I have been so blessed with!

24.  I learned moving is way easier with people doing the moving! Life changed forever! Lol

25.  I have learned it is so much easier to say you can take care of yourself versus actually doing it.

26.  I am grateful I came from a family of cooks/bakers cause without them I would be living off of takeout.

27.  I have learned commuting sucks.

28.  Along with #27 I am grateful for a reliable car to do said commuting with.

29.  I am grateful for dreams and wishful thinking cause without them I would probably be very lost right now.

30.  Gonna cheat on #30 - grateful for life and am learning not to keep waiting on the "right time" to live my life!

What have your years on this earth taught you?

-Meesh


Comments

Popular Posts